Eight Branches Academy of Eastern Medicine fosters a unique learning environment for individuals dedicated to the study of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Eastern Medicine (EM). We provide highly-specialized and intensive training that prepares our graduates for the practical realm. Therefore, we welcome prospective students who demonstrate a keen interest and serious commitment to developing a career in Eastern Medicine. Applicants must demonstrate a mature attitude and readiness to embrace the work required in order to achieve the level of proficiency necessary to be successful in this field.
- 2 years post-secondary education, or equivalent professional experience;
- demonstrated understanding of the responsibilities associated with being a health care professional;
- strong commitment to learning the principles and ideologies of Eastern medicine;
- serious dedication to personal goals and their achievement.
Prospective students are invited to download the following:
and submit it by mail to:
Eight Branches Academy of Eastern Medicine
1173 Davenport Road
The form can also be obtained by calling the registration office, or in person if a tour of the facility is desired. The application procedure consists of the following:
- submission of properly-completed application form, along with official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, sent directly from the institution;
- non-refundable $50 application fee; $100 for international students;
- two letters of recommendation attesting to your individual learning capacities, skills and attitude;
- personal letter (200-300 words) detailing your abilities, purpose and motivation for studying at Eight Branches Academy.
- once all documentation and application fees are received an interview will be scheduled for each applicant. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by mail and instructed on how to proceed with enrolment.
Prospective students whose primary language is not English may be required to submit a TOEFL exam in which they received a passing grade, and demonstrate satisfactory written/oral comprehension of English.
Applications are due thirty days prior to the commencement of term. Students are encouraged to apply early as space is limited. Late applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The academic year is split into three terms: Fall, Winter, and Spring, each term is 15 weeks in duration.
Spring Term commences April 24, 2017 and is completed on August 5, 2017.
Fall Term commences September 11, 2017 and is completed on December 23, 2017.
Winter Term commences January 8, 2018 and is completed on April 21, 2018.